Lose that COVID 19and compete against yourself for some serious prize money!
$25 to sign up for the competition. The more people that sign up, the higher the prize pot!
You are competing against yourself and everything is percentage based. This means men, women, all ages, and all fitness levels are on an equal playing field. The goal is for you to improve your overall fitness, improve your healthy habits, and have some friendly competition along the way while potentially earning some cool gear and prize money!!
Part one will consist of baseline testing in three events. These three events must be completed between September 1st and 15th. PURENERGY gear will be awarded to the top competitors of each event during part one of the challenge. Competitor results will also be posted in the gym.
1. Time to row 1,000 meters on the rowing machine
2. Time to reach 50 calories on the Assault Bike
3. Maximum flights of stairs in 5 minutes on the Stairmaster
Part two will consist of redoing the same three events to measure improvement. The three events must be completed between December 1st and 15th. Improvement will be measured as a percent of improvement on each event. For example, if you complete the 1,000 meters on the rower in 5:00 minutes (300 seconds) during part one of the competition, then did it in 4:30 minutes (270 seconds) during part two, your percent improvement would be 10%. The percent improvement in time would be your score for that event. Winners will be announced for who improved the most for each event, while the overall winner of the prize money will be the one who improved the most by an average percent improvement of all three events combined.
Contact John Graves for help in training for this competition and if you have any questions.
Submit a photo of the machine’s full display for each event once completed for record verification. Maximum effort and truthfulness are expected throughout the competition. Must be 13 years old or older to participate. You may re-do part two events one-time, best score will be recorded.
· Rower:Set fly wheel resistance on the right side to 10. Pull the handle to turn the display on then stop. On the display, press “Select Workout”, then “New Workout”, then “Single Distance”, adjust the distance to 1,000 meters, press the check mark button. The timer will start when you start rowing, and the timer will stop automatically when you reach 1,000 meters.
· Assault Bike: Pedal to turn the display on then stop. Press the “Target Calories” button, adjust the calories to “50.” When you press enter the timer will immediately begin, and the timer will stop automatically when you reach 50 calories.
· Stairmaster Stepmill:On the left side of the display, under “Choose A Goal” select “Time”, adjust the time to 5 minutes. Press enter and the timer will immediately start. Adjust the level to go faster or slower.